brake lines

>So now I am worried that the flex portion of the brake lines are weak and
>that is the cause of my problem.  Does anybody have an opinion?

I put stainless steel braided brake lines on my S.  There are basically 2
kinds--DOT approved and non-DOT.  Rumor has it that DOT does ridiculous
testing on these lines and that both the approved and unapproved are equally
as good.  Non's are cheaper, of course.  For 6, (front, rear, emergency?)  I
payed $50.  Since you have rear drums, you'll pay even less.   Try 'em out,
they're nice.

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be