Re: Rain-X removal

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Brian M. Gracek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Not to rip you or anything....Rain-X is primarily siloxane (several
> different siloxanes of differnent lengths actually).  I doubt that it
> "builds up", by the very nature of the molecule I think it would be a thin
> layer...I notice, also, that the area swept by the wipers does seem to look
> different, pobably a surface phenomenon as the wipers slowly wear away the
> Rain-X.

The problem, I think, is that the action of the wipers is very slightly
abrasive to the glass.  The the Rain-X (or whatever) collects in these
little pits - I can see that it's slightly hazy in these places.  Thanks
for the other info though!  That was what I was looking for...if it's just
a polymer that doesn't really stick to the glass that well my problem may
be something else entirely.  I'll phone the Rain-X rep in town and see
what he has to say.

To everyone else: Thanks for all the replies!

----
"So groovy I dig me...."
	-George Clinton