Re: Remove Power Steering?

>The main thing you have to consider is the cost.  you will have to get a
>steering rack from a manual steering car.  I won't use the old from your
>power steering car.  I broke a hose on mine.  the steering is pretty stiff
>without the pump.

If you opt. for a manual steering rack you would also have to change
the  lower universal joint on the steeing column.  I believe the Manual
Rack is shorter than the Power steering version on the A1 cars.

Chris, I know that the G-60's in Europe that do not have A/C have an
additional pulley to tension the belt.  This is a must if you remove the
A/C unit.  Wayland has done this on a US spec G-60 so he can give you
more details.  I know he's listening so he'll reply soon.  The pulley
situation on a G-60 could complicate the relocation of these
components.  It might be more cost effective to cut the radiator support
and re weld it.

Rodney Noriel