Re: Stock 16v Sways

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 GIMPYvwMtb@aol.com wrote:

> Actualy A hollow bar is is actually stronger then a solid
> bar.....Scientifacly speaking..

I don't think this is true. It is true that a hollow bar of larger
diameter is stronger than a solid bar of smaller diameter --the savings
there come in terms of less material used for the construction of the
hollow bar. But if you have the same diameter hollow and solid bars, then
the solid bar should be stronger.

I'm not 100% sure of this, so I would love someone to come out and
responsibly state the scientific truth.

Ilias