Re: Cams

At 10:02 PM 2/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a question for the group.....Is it really worth doing a Great cam a
>GREAT exhaust without doing some kinda intake work also...i mean if the
>motor does not get enough fresh air to begin with whats the sense in
>haveing OVEr done exhaust waiting to get rid of what is not being supplied
>to the motor...Am i correct or am i just getting over excited?

No, good point. The thing about VW motors is they breath quite well in the
intake aspect of life. A K&N filter will do some good but the biggest gains
are made in the most restrictive part of the engine. That being the exhaust
system. There's where the most gains are to be had. Expect to gat from
8-15HP gain from simply upgrading the exhaust, not to mention the added
benefit in fuel economy that you will get. Its a win-win modification!

Shawn