Re: G60 Scirocco Update

>To Brad and anyone else--I would GREATLY appreciate ANY info on upgrading
>the front motor mount area.  Brad--PLEASE!  DIG IT UP!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Chris Taylor
>'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

Here's the answer I got when I asked someone else about it.

Brad

>  Also, I've seen you mention reinforcements around the front motor
>mount area before, what exactly did you add?

We cut open the whole front end from behind the front spoiler/apron.
 Then once we got to the lower radiator core support pieces.  The lower
radiator core support is two pieces.  If you were to take a cross
sectional view of it it would be like a 'V' with a piece going across the
top of the 'V' which is where your radiator sits on top.  Anyway, we cut
the "front" part of it off and that allowed me to get to the back of the
"rear" piece (this is the actual piece that your motor mount bolts into).
 What we did was take the lower radiator core support pieces front
another 16V Scirocco and welded them on top of the existing pieces.  Then
on the "back" part we put a reinforcement bar that goes from one bumper
bracket/frame rail to the other.  We also put a backing plate directly
behind where the motor mount goes.  Everything is spot welded in.  Then
put everything back together.