Re: Speaking of Sway bars

Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> Completely. The difference is huge! Althought the stock swaybars are much better
> than the setup I had on my Scirocco (I had NO swaybars) Upgrading to the 22mm front
> and 25mm or 28mm rear is like night and day.

Well I have a 16V I hear the rear swaybars are pretty good? I think I'm
really going to look into this now. I just need some money. Anyone want
to buy some PCs?

> >I never really thought much about getting sway bars, but something on my
> >car is out of align or something about the suspension is wrong. I was
> >going to take it into a guy at Midaz (He is good though raced Rabbits in
> >the past) I guess he would be a good person to ask too.
>
> Ew, thats a bad word...
> Then again, if he is whats available to you, then go have a chat with him.

Hey I know what your thinking but in this case he's "The man" My
roommate told me abpout this guy. I was talking with him he said he used
to race a VW rabbit that could do 150MPH how true this is I don't know
but he said he had a nice Koni setup. He's definately a VW fan and not a
typical Midas Midaz? service manager.

> Pulls to the left, under braking. The key word there is...............Braking. Take
> a peek at your front rotors, see what kind of shape their in. Also look at the
> pads. Theres all those reasons for brakes to pull to one s
> ide.
> 1. Incorect tire pressure
> 2. Front end out of allignment
> 3. Excessive wear on pads/shoes, drums/disks.
> 4. loose calipers, loose suspension parts.
> 5. Flat strut  (Ut-oh!)

It pulls all the time but is worse under braking. Same tires and strut
bearings are new (1 year old)I think its out of alignment. It shakes too
and really pisses me off. I used to be able to drive 100MPH and the car
felt smooth now 75MPH seems uncomfortable.

> First find out whats wrong and then make a game plan.

Good idea.

> See above. If you install a 22mm front bar, a 28mm rear bar and the upper stress
> bar, your car will corner much flatter and genarally handle better. (If you have
> the 16V you already have the lower stress bar, if not and you only choose one item
> to upgrade to, get the lower stress bar. It has the most effectiveness for the
> money, hands down)

Got the 16V maybe I need larger stress bars.

> A good example is tonight, on my way down my test canyon. (Yesterday I put in a new
> SACHS 2.0L clutch, lower control bushings, Nology wires and my 80% diff kit test) I
> caught this Camaro that wanted to play. Cool. There is an uphill tight right hander
> followed by another tight right hander as you accelerate up the hill. I was stuck
> on him like glue through the first turn and I decided he was going too slow, so I
> passed him. Going through the second tight turn, he fell back. HP dont mean shit
> when you can get it through the corners! When I stopped to make another run, he
> pulled off and wanted to look under the hood. He thinks I have 200+ hp the way I
> pulled away from him on the hill and the way I went through the corners. I love it
> when they pop off questions like, "Turbo"? no. "NOS"? no. "SUPERCHARGER"? no. Then
> the squinty look just before they scratch their head. Well then you got a VR6? uh,
> no, not even. He didnt believe me when I said the motor was "almost stock".  The
> point is, (Finally, right!) you can make it seem that you have more power when you
> can maintain speed and velocity (And control!) through corners.
>
> BTW, the diff kit is great! I wish I would of gotten one earlier........

Its great really surprising someone who thinks their "the shit" in their
Mustang, Camero etc. The limited SLip diferental sounds great but
expensive.

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin