Help! Spark plug wire stuck in cylinder!

Ok heres the deal...
I took my car to VW to see why it was running poorly (i was about to sell it)
and they said that there was a bad valve seal, and that they put new plugs in
to temp. fix the prob.
Well the buyer fell though (he was going to fix the seal himself) and im left
with my car.  A month later the spark plug to #2 cyl is fouled again.  I go
to remove the wire going to the plug so that i can change it - and the bottom
part of it stuck to the plug!
I noticed some tape on it, that must have been put there by VW, meaning that
they broke it.  Does anyone know what my rights are here?  Is there any way
to get them to fix it for free?
Thanks