Re: Painting steering wheel etc.

>From: "Francois St-Amand" <vwfrank@mail.geocities.com>
>To: trnsfrma@ix.netcom.com (Shawn C. Meze)
>Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:27:25 +0000
>Subject: Re: Painting steering wheel etc.
>Sender: owner-scirocco-l@mantis.privatei.com
>

>> Unfortunately, yes it is the normal posture of a stock VW. It was
>> the only thing about my car that I hated before I put on my lowering
>> system. The "4X4 look" sucks on VW's, dont you think?
>
>Bah! Just add A/C, A turbo, a large heavy battery, a 90 amp
>alternator, a g60, fill your liquids to the top, put some stress bars
>etc... and then it will look a little bit like a race car.
>
>> Could be worn shocks or springs or both. Best guess is its shocks since
>> springs really do last a long time and since theres not much weight in the
>> rear, doubtful that the springs are weak and worn out.

This will cause your car to ride on top of your struts and they wear out
quciker than you will ever believe....some of the people around here also
have done this and from what i can see its nothing but trouble....i have
actually seen a situation where they put the strut right up thru the strut
tower
All i know is in this state (PA) we prob have the worst rodes and to do
this is just play stupid...DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!

IMHO