Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Coloru

><< It is a good question, actually - I drive a Rabbit simply because I don't
> fit in Sciroccos.  I'm (and so is Kevin) a big guy, Sciroccos seem to be
> the car for skinny people - bigger thighs don't fit under steering wheels.
> I'd bet there are a few bigger guys out there (ok, PC time, girls too;)
> that want to drive Sciroccos -  >>
>
>Okay, answer me this:  I have one of each, and I am 6'5", and weigh 162lbs.
> I have about three millimeters of headroom in my Scirocco, but with the
>seats that I put in my Rabbit GTi (even though the thing currently doesn't
>have a motor in it, I still ut Scirocco seats in there) I have about three
>feet of headroom (honestly, I can barely see over the steering wheel with the
>seat adjusted all the way down!!!!)  Really, what I want to put in the Rabbit
>GTi is a pair of power Recaros from a '92ish GLi or GTi (who doesn't. right?)
> But, now I'm starting to ramble.

        Empathy is welling up within me.  I'm 6'2" and 220lbs and I'm
getting my seat cut down for more headroom.  Apparently the cutting is not
too bad, but lining everything up so that the seat will still slide is.  I
also had the large thigh problem, but switching to a 13.8" Momo Monte Carlo
solved most of that.  I was having a real interesting time getting out of
the car and my spread leg driving style was annoying the hell out of me.
But now I don't have any problems.

Dan