Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Coloru

In a message dated 97-02-07 13:53:31 EST, mannix@privatei.com (I. Mannix)
writes:

<< It is a good question, actually - I drive a Rabbit simply because I don't
 fit in Sciroccos.  I'm (and so is Kevin) a big guy, Sciroccos seem to be
 the car for skinny people - bigger thighs don't fit under steering wheels.
 I'd bet there are a few bigger guys out there (ok, PC time, girls too;)
 that want to drive Sciroccos -  >>

Okay, answer me this:  I have one of each, and I am 6'5", and weigh 162lbs.
 I have about three millimeters of headroom in my Scirocco, but with the
seats that I put in my Rabbit GTi (even though the thing currently doesn't
have a motor in it, I still ut Scirocco seats in there) I have about three
feet of headroom (honestly, I can barely see over the steering wheel with the
seat adjusted all the way down!!!!)  Really, what I want to put in the Rabbit
GTi is a pair of power Recaros from a '92ish GLi or GTi (who doesn't. right?)
 But, now I'm starting to ramble.

Tim :)
'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco (daily driver)
'84 Rabbit GTi  (no motor, but seriously thinking about going 16v)
'81 Rabbit diesel 2dr (restoration project for one of these years)
'72 VW panel van (current restoration project)