GERMAN BUILT VWs

Mike wrote...

>Yeah, they are outrageously priced, but unfortunately they have
>to be for VW to make money on them since they are built in Germany,
>unlike other new VWs.  Is the Passat built in Germany?

Actually the Cabrio is now made in MEXICO.

Only the Passat is German manufactured.

I have no problems with the Mexican built VWs.  Early in the production of
Mexican VWs they had the expected "start up" quality problems ...IMO
engineering errors and training issues with new equipment and employees.
If you think of it, most of the car is produced ROBOITICALLY, and
robots/computers can do repeatative task error free,  ad infinitim...

Brian M. Gracek				 Saint Cloud, MN USA
Student of Chemistry		         St. Cloud State University
Student Member of the ACS		   Proud member of the MNANG

                            VW ...  Drivers Wanted