Re[2]: VW; drying up? Uh-Huh

     I see my point is starting to come accross somewhat.  VW pricing is
     such that once you get a model equipped the way you want, you stand
     back and look at the price and wonder......."For the a similar price I
     could or should look at BWM/Audi or other sports car"  Although I am
     loyal to VAG, driving a BMW will usually catch the eye of a pretty
     lady faster than a GTI, or in lieu of being sexist, will command
     perhaps a little more recognition from your peers at work, etc.  And
     as pointed out BMW's are just as fun and more fun to drive than a VW.

     No VW should be over 20k.  In 1987 my Scirocco 16v ideally equipped
     cost around 16k.  I hate to say it, but 10 years later although there
     have been some significant technological gain's by VW, and inflation,
     the cars are not that significantly better now than before. IMHO.
     Case in point the CIS -vs- digifant discussions, etc.

     Here is what I think the current VW line is WORTH (pricing
     out-the-door);

        Golf/Jetta Base model   $12,000
        Golf/Jetta GTI/GLS 4cyl $14,000
        Golf/Jetta VR6          $18,500
        Passat 4cyl             $18,000
        Passat TDI              $18,500
        Passat GLX              $19,000
        Cabrio                  $17,500

     Finally, I skipped buying a new VW in favor of a near mint used Audi
     Quattro 90 20v.  Just picked it up yesterday, and in stock format it
     will out handle my 16v with my Neuspeed/Bilstein/TSW/Dunlop mod's.

     These are just my opinion's.

     -Paul
     87 Scirocco 16v (Still my #1)
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v