Re: Suspension Bushings

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997 SailingFC@aol.com wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> This is a great network that has formed.  I'm glad to be associated with it.
> My question is on poly bushings for the lower control arms and rear axle.
>  What's out there?  What have you heard or think about the ride after
> switching over?  Who's selling them?  Are there different hardnesses?  Any
> problems?

I switched over to poly control arm bushings and the first thing you
notice is the darn creaking noises they make. Stupid of me not to put
some moly grease or something like that before I slid them in, although I
am not sure that would have solved the problem 100%. The ride became a
little bumpier but I also got a liiiiiittle better handling.

I have heard some strange stories though about those poly bushings.
Specifically that they don't simply wear out like the rubber ones do, but
they simply crack and split in half. I saw at least 2-3 such posts over
the net.

If I were to replace them again I would go for hard rubber, not poly.

Ilias