Re: HELLO AND THANKS

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 21:57:15 EST HCharvat <HCharvat@aol.com> writes:

>Shawn:
>First, I will plead ignorance when it comes to the H-stock rule book.  I
have
>been running in wheel-to-wheel SCCA ITB for quite a while and pretty
much have
>tunnel vision, thanks for the info :)

Well, for one, I want saying what you said was wrong, I just disagreed
with it.

>Ditto on the tire info for auto-x.  Road racing is a little different
due to
>more time to heat up tires, even so the yokos are slower (except in the
rain).

Really?? Not that I know many who road race or anything but i've heard
from a few people who use the AO32's and they say on a road course, they
are great in the wet OR dry! Just looking at the tire itself would make
me think its probably a pretty decent tire in the wet, baring any tread
wear.

>  A008RS11's are also good but are
>the "old" technology according to some people.  I would say from driving
the
>AO32's that they are very predictable and wear well, even though not as
>sticky.  I think that they are definitely slower than the Hoosiers and
maybe
>the R1's but are good tires to learn on (not to mention they will
probably
>outlast the others - better value for a beginner?).

Absolutely! If they're cheap enough and can last_say_ 2 seasons with
schools and practice days, that would definitely be a good tire. Then
once the new driver has gotten to know the car and has learned HOW to
drive the car, then getting a more competitive tire would definitely be
in order.

> Money no object - Hoosiers.
>Hugh Charvat

Right, and lots of them!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and