Re: HELLO AND THANKS

<< Uh, no. Not on a car with No rear bar, which is not allowed to be added
 in stock class.

 >The yoko's are good tires.  The new AO32's are pretty good (and last a
 long
 >time), but talk to some people in your class and look into the BFG's and
 the
 >Hoosiers.  Yokohama tested the Hoosiers on a road course and found them
 to be
 >1.5 seconds faster than the AO32's(per my source at yokohama)!
 >Good luck!
 >Hugh Charvat

 Don't forget about the Kuhmo tire. Im seeing alot of discussion about
 this tire and its all been good including the part where its about as
 good as the R1, costs less and lasts longer.. I wouldn't even consider
 the AO32. The hoosier is probably the BEST tire available  on the market
 for autox use, IMHO. The only major drawback is they wear out much faster
 and cost a bit more than the BFG's or Yoko's. If your gonna get Yoko's,
 get the A008RSII's if you can find them in your size. I've seen the
 AO32's on the course and they are just too hard a compound to be
 effective on the autox course. They build up heat too slow to be
 effective, IMHO.  >>
Shawn:
First, I will plead ignorance when it comes to the H-stock rule book.  I have
been running in wheel-to-wheel SCCA ITB for quite a while and pretty much have
tunnel vision, thanks for the info :)
Ditto on the tire info for auto-x.  Road racing is a little different due to
more time to heat up tires, even so the yokos are slower (except in the rain).
The AO32's are big with the porsche club and BMW club here and that is what I
have seen when going to those auto-x events.  A008RS11's are also good but are
the "old" technology according to some people.  I would say from driving the
AO32's that they are very predictable and wear well, even though not as
sticky.  I think that they are definitely slower than the Hoosiers and maybe
the R1's but are good tires to learn on (not to mention they will probably
outlast the others - better value for a beginner?).  Money no object -
Hoosiers.
Hugh Charvat