Re: [Interior] Parcel Tray Clips in '82/Oil temp gauge...

That's the same setup that I've got in my 82, and, well, you read about my results. One thing that I found interesting - the remnants of the old clips that I chipped out of there seemed to have three prongs, and the new clips have but one... I guess I'll have to either get the long straps from the dealer, fabricate something myself, move my attachment hooks on my hatch up to nearer the hydraulics, or some combination of the above...

On the bright side, I picked up a VDO oil temp gauge from a yard this morning for $5.00! A question about it - how am I gonna wire it? I understand that the sending unit is the oil pan plug, but as the car (82 Rocco) that I pulled it from wasn't on wheels, and I was actually on work time (ahhh, relaxed Christmas hours!) I didn't grab it from underneath. As Arnie would say: I'll be back...

So if I get this sending unit, hook a wire up to it, run it to the back of the gauge, run another wire from my fusebox, and a ground, should I be in business? I suppose that I'll have to hook a light up to it as well. (Gotta love Christmas projects!)

Thanks to all,

Merry Merry!

Greg