Re: [Interior] Parcel Tray Clips in '82 (fwd)

In my 84, they attach closer to the location of the hydraulics. I've got
a late 84, btw. Just black little knobby things... maybe your dealer gave
you the wrong length, if there is a difference... ?? The one's I saw
attached to a junked '83 were, oh,  a touch under 1.5 ft. This is a vague
recollection.

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, Greg Baxter wrote:

|Inspired by someone's tale of a cheap trip to the dealer parts department
|(in search of the parcel tray clips) I went to the local VW dealer, and
|picked up said clips ($5.60 Each! A tad more that I expected, but wtf, the
|credit card has been subjected to soooo much abuse recently, so I thought
|I'd treat myself)

|My question to all of you with later 'roccos - where do the rubber band
|straps attach to your hatch? Mine attach right above the taillights, but
|the straps don't stretch enough (are they too old??) to allow me to open
|the hatch fully.
|
|Can anyone help?
|
|Thanks
|
|Greg

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-292-6658