Re: VIN decoder & Two Questions

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, ChuckKuecker wrote:

> Active - it does something all by itself (seat belts that close over you).
> Passive - it waits for you to use it (regular seat belts)

It's the other way around, actually - "passive" means that the passenger
doesn't have to do anything to be restrained properly.  My girlfriend's
Corrado has the stupid motorized belts (I guess they did that because
they couldn't get an airbag designed for it in time) and they are just
about the most annoying thing about that car.

Non-USA list members - did the Corrado come with these things outside
the states?

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/