Re: Interesting bit o' trivia

Talking about the oil pan skid plate, I have one lying in the garage
from a 78 I dismantled a couple year back.

The problem I found with it was the location of the bars.  The
front-to-back bars were lined up so one of them sat directly under
the oil drain plug.  Everytime I changed the oil, I would up with ta
huge puddle al over the floof, and then a weeks worth of drips
because you can't get your fingers up into it to wipe it off.

A great piece for road rally, but not for every day use, IMHO

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco- 94,96,97 DSP Regional Champ
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
79 VW Scirocco rusty bucket daily driver
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third