Re: fuel tank shield

Without seeing it, it is hard to tell, but I had a similar problem on
a 92 Jetta.  I was able to hold it up with cable ties.  The area never
got hot enough to be a problem for the ties.

-or-

seperate the heat shield from the exhast pipe and using a high-temp
adhesive glue it to the tank and/or body respectively.

-or-

remove it alltogether, and someone I am sure sells an adhesive based
foil like sheet (like you may see on new construction or HVAC stuff)
and just apply it to the area that the original shiel protected.

Off hand I can't remember the shield you describe, but hopefully the
above suggestions are enough to get ya going.

-Paul

---Greg Faust  wrote:

> Any help or suggestions with this one:  My fuel tank heat sheild is
sagging and
> hitting the exhaust pipe and creating a rather annoying noise at low
rpm.  As
> much as I can see, there is no practical way of holding it up short
of screwing
> it to the tank( not desirable option)  The tabs that held it
originally are
> rusted to oblivion.  Any magic cures.  I should mention this is on
my 88 16v.

> Thanks

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
> Greg Faust                                     84 GTI
> home:  716.652.3229                            87 16v Scirocco
> work:  716.878.5227                            88 16v Scirocco
> email: faustge@buffalostate.edu

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v