Re: Is there a SCCA list

>Is there a SCCA list, similar to this list?
>

>==
>-Paul

There are several - wheel to wheel, mailing lists for specific types of
cars, and Team.Net, the autocross mailing list.  It is not a SCCA specific
list, but most of its members (about 450 on realtime, I believe another 400
or so on the digest) are SCCA members.  It does not deal with SCCA
roadracing, Rally or other stuff directly - it is 90% autocross
content(being an autocross list, I guess this is appropriate).

It is not a friendly list, really - a few knowitalls are the regular
posters and do not take kindly to sweeping generalizations, ignorance or
unfounded claims.  You guys think *I'm* a nitpicky whiner?  Laugh, go to
Team.Net - I'm very quiet there, don't comment on much.  It can be a very
useful and informative list, but it is nowhere near as much "fun" as this
list - lots of rules discussions, some stock car classing stuff, basically,
an argumentative forum.  Current topics are Street Touring, which has a lot
of normally quiet people posting opinions, firesuits in Mod, eh, some crap
about course design, with one guy talking about how bad it must have
been(the course) without having seen it, etc.  Some stock car classing
stuff gets discussed.  Not much SP stuff.  Posts about "How do I make my
Scirocco go faster" will either get ignored or start a discussion of "the
driver is the main ingredient."  You will probably get a few private emails
in the process, however.

I like TDN, it is a good list - I learn a lot from it, only post when
someone really irritates me or I have something useful to share.  I send a
few private emails to people, but not much.  Sorta busy, similar to this
list, actually a bit less(depends on the month, it seems - sometimes,
Teamdotnet gets out of control, other times it is quiet).

To subscribe, mail to:

majordomo@autox.team.net

in body write:

subscribe autox

-or-

subscribe ax-digest

depending if you want realtime or digest.  I'd sugget lurking for a while,
get a feel for it - these people could'nt care less about exterior "mods,"
"upgrades" or the like - it is a more conceptual list about autocross
rather than the individual - they rarely discuss, say, how to set up a CSP
16v - but will argue for days about whether the Corvette should be in ASP
or BSP.  You might get in touch with people who have similar interests(VW),
but don't expect discussion of the pros and cons of a front swaybar on a
VW(they've done it before, eventually turned to a rules discussion, like
most everything does).  Give it a shot, it can be very useful, but it is
not at all what I expected when I subscribed.  I did not like it at first,
but I keep it around now, read a lot of the messages, delete a lot, eh,
there's good and bad.....

I.Mannix(the newsgroup is also a good place for competitive setup tips,
some other opinions there compared to here)