Clutch Peddle was "RE: More Thumps"

---Christopher Mende <csmende@bayern.me.iastate.edu> wrote:

> I like having a bit of a push in my clutch. Are stock rocco clutches
a bit
> tougher to press than, say, a Jetta of like year? I find I have a hard
> time adjusting back tot he jetta after being in the scirocco too
long. I
> keep expecting the pedal to push my foot back up, but it doesn't...

My 16v Scirocco Clutch peddle is a beast to push down.  Anyone whom I
have allowed to drive my car is amazed at the pressure necessary to
clutch it.  In fact after driving the Scirocco daily for more than I
week I have to switch to one of my more gentle clutch peddle cars, as
I develop "clutch knee".  Seriously.  I think some of it is the angle
of the seating.  In the Jetta I am more above the peddles. The Audi is
Hydraulic (I hate Hydraulic) so thats like pressing air.  It is a self
adjusting cable, which I will be replacing very soon.

My observation.
==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan