Re: Springs

Paul Krucke wrote:

> In my conversion back to Stock for SCCA E-Stock class racing, I will
> be going back to my stock springs.  Before I put the 'originals' back
> on the car, is there any way to test them?

I think so, but these springs on Scirocco 16v's seem to hold up rather
well, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Prior to removing them at 117k the car had a good stance (no sag, etc.)
Should I put these back on or spring (no pun intended) for NEW VW
springs?

Spring sag to a certain degree is allowable and desirable for better
handling, provided you have properly valved shocks, e.g. Konis.
Anything to counter the 4X4 look is good for handling too.

--
Jim Buck,
ES #99