RE: Shift Points and Fighting The Law

Three years doesn't sound reasonable to me.  Granted that is a long way
over the limit. There is usually some break to be had by talking to the
district attorney.  You may be able to get it reduced to just points and
a healthy fine, which is more fair.  Also keep in mind that if your
license is revoked or suspended insurance companies have a field day.
They often ask if it has within 5 years, and then you are on high risk
just about forever.  Also, consider hiring a lawyer local to the town of
your infraction.  It seems that having someone in the good-ole-boy
network can be a huge advantage.

Hope this helps.  I feel for ya.

Damien.  (Days away from an 81 16v)

PS This is all complete speculation and conjecture.  I wouldn't want
people to think that I have any experience on the wrong side of the
speed limit  -  don't ya know.  :]