Re: Schizophrenic Tachometer

Rich Deede----TOOL FAN wrote:

> Mine does the same exact thing, My car will be fine then I'll be mindnig
> my own business when the idle starts bouncing around.

<snip>

> Rich

> > Hey there...
> >       The weirdest thing about my tach bouncing around is that it would start to
> > do it like 10 minutes before the car would start acting up... I'd be
> > sitting in traffic, and all of a sudden, I'd see it bounce up in the corner
> > of my eye,

<snip>

Better watch out, I had this happen to me for months and did nothing
about it, until one day I was driving down a dark road in a wooded
area, and all of the sudden Sput sput putter pop chhoooo.....I pushed
the car down the road (downhill thank god, and called a tow truck
for a  diner. What really hurts is you need the whole distributor,
(you just mangel it trying to replace the hall unit, ask Rany
Schuermann).
You will most likely need a new one anyway as the one you have probably
has an oil leak, and that is why the hall sender went bad in the first
place. It's gonna set you back about $160 (from Mark at aab, costs $300+
from dealer!).

HTH
Etrik