trashed volkswagens

This weekend I was out driving around and saw two sciroccos and a g60
corrado, and they were for sale!  I usually only see the two sciroccos
parked out in front of my house. Seeing a corrado in Boise is like
seeing bears that fly.  I am looking out for a deal on a scirocco that
is in good shape in my area.  I was thinking possibly for parts or if it
was in really good shape, with minor flaws, take the parts from my 85
and put them on the new car.  Does that make sense?

Well anyhow all of the cars were definitely trash.  The first scirocco I
saw was an 1987 16, it looked had been in an accident and repaired less
than par.  It had paint all over the rubber on the rear quarter panel.
All of the black between the windows was peeling off along with paint.
The dash had huge cracks in it, but the interior looked nice.  It would
be the perfect car to take the body kit off of and any other parts, but
they wanted $3800.  Yea right.  I would say $800 at the most.   This car
looked awesome from 150 yards.  The way it looked they were most likely
not the type of owners that changed the timing belt at 60,000 miles.

The second car was a 1984 scirocco that was AUTOMATIC. doh!  It had no
attractive features that would be worthwhile on my car.

The corrado was a large piece of shite.  It had several huge ding,
scratches, broken head lights, the center piece that holds the license
plate was screwed into the body with sheet metal screw in plain vision,
who knows how it ran.  The worst part was that the idiots had drilled a
hole in one of the windows and mounted a cellular phone antenna that was
stuck on with double sided tape and the cord was just left hanging
across the window.

I am now beginning to realize how poorly some people their volkswagens.
It is so sad, these cars would have made several list members very happy
to have such a fine car.
It just pisses me right off!  Treat your volkswagens good and have a
happy holidays.

Ryan Bailey
85 scirocco
82 scirocco (dad's winter car)