Re: H Stock Jetta III autoX mods

> Hi everyone
>
> I have a friend who is planning to attack the autocross circuit next
> summer with his 94 Jetta.  Right now it is completely stock.  He is
> planning to spend about $1000 on it (but I'm sure that will grow a bit
> -- but not too much)

To Get the basics it will be $1000 + ,

To be ultra Mannix fast well.....at least in stock class there is
only so much you can do.  :-)

> What should we do and in what order to make the car as competitive as
> possible (remaining in H Stock is a requirement)

Tires, Shocks (get koni's ;) , & the biggest front sway bar you can
get.  The Neuspeed 25mm works great on my ES GTI.  Oh yeh negitive
camber.

I am also going to run Stock class next year in my 87 16v GTI. I
didn't think I would be competitive but I ran 6 or so event's last
year to check it out & brought home 3 trophys.

You can also change the brake pads, air filter (K&N) ,  Cat back
exhaust, plugs,  wires, & coil.

But as I'm sure you've heard Seat Time is the best preperation one
can do,  so get to ALL practice day's & school's & Good luck

Potterman

> Thanks, Damien
>
> PS I am loving this list.
> --