Re: studded snow tire info

At 7:27 PM +0800 12/12/1997, Rick Lackner wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can find a list of states that shows where
>studded snow tires are legal and where they are banned?  I'm planning
>a trip back east ( MN and PA) next week and need to know if I need to
>get rid of my studded snows. My search on the web is fruitless so
>far......   Any help would be appreciated!
>Rick
>rsl@kendra.com
>Richard.Lackner@entex.com
>85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
>Everett, WA

AFAIK, if the state your car is registered in allows studs, and you are on
vacation, your state's laws are applicable.  In the 6 or so years I have
been using studs, I have not had a problem visiting other states with them
on.  I'd call the WA police, ask them if that is the case.  If a cop pulls
you over with them on in an illegal state, and your car is registered in
WA, I think you'll be OK.  I've not had problems, and IMHO, the safety of
the studs outweighs a potential ticket.  Best of luck, and unfortunately, I
cannot and did not answer your question.

I.Mannix(driven through lots of studless states with studs, and never
gotten in any trouble whatsoever.....)