Re: Bumper Black type stuff

> Can anyone on the list recommend a product that will restore the black
> trim on my cars? (bumpers/wheel arches on my Sciroccos and Golf)
>
> Please don't recommend Armor All - I want something that really works!
>
> I am sick of the whitened look on my cars  :)

Don't even waste your time with Armor all type products.  Use a plastic
dye.  I used Sem's plastic dye to refinish my euro-bumpers.  It came in a
spray can, but is available by the pint, etc... if that's what you want.
The black finish lasts, when Armor type stuff just washes away.

I tried leather dye (in a pinch) on my old bumpers once and it worked well
too suprisingly.

Good luck!

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm