Re: Not hitting......

The 78 Scirocco I drive daily sat in a bone yard for two years.  It
was retired due to a poorly running engine.  After I bought the car
for real cheap, I first pulled the injectors and got what you
described, dribble and spittling.  Whe I pulled he injector lines
from the fuel distribter, I found a white scale buildup in the
distributor and lines.  I replaced the lines from another bone yard
special.  You know your lines and injectors are clean.

Unbolt the distributor from the airbox.  When you lift the
distributor, there is a metal pin in the center.  Don't let that pin
fall out, and don't touch the sides of the pin with your fingers.
Use 2+2 to blow out all the holes in the distributor. use a little
light oil on the sliding shaft (WD40).  Reassemble and try it.

Also take the lines off the pressure regulator (on the front of the
engine block) and blow that out with 2+2.  This was my main problem.
I replaced this pressure regulator with a bone yard special, and know
she runs fine.

Remember, you can swap almost any parts from a rabbit, so bone yard
parts come cheap.

Hope this helps......

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco- 94,96,97 DSP Regional Champ
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
79 VW Scirocco rusty bucket daily driver
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third