A great big thanks.

It's time to fill the inbox with some cheesy content.

I want to give a great big thank you to all the people who have helped me
out on this list. Thanks to your input I've gotten my hands greasier than
ever before... :)  I mean, I've learned more about car/scirocco repair
since joining this list in late June than I have for many years.

Boy, if I had known how to repair/maintain things as I do now, my old
Jetta might still be mine. :-) Then again, this Scirocco is what I've been
lusting after since I was a elementary school boy in Germany!

Tonight I replaced my fuel filter, alternator, reground my battery ground
connectors and replaced some fuel hoses. Car runs, oh, a hundred times
better than when I bought it. Since this June i've replaced plugs, cap,
rotor, plug wires, motor mounts, outer CV joints, wiper and sprayer
assemblies, door lock mechanisms, head gasket.

My friends joke that I repair my car more than I drive it. I challenge
their S10s, Cavaliers and whatevers of the same era to an endurance test
any day. :)

Again, I appreciate all of the help and expertise. While during the last
months I've been mostly TAKING information, I look forward to being able
to help others with their problems.

Great, damn that was cheese. No one repeat a word of this! :)

~C
'84 Wolfsburg

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658