Re: Scirocco TDI?

Jeff Storey wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> Does anyone have any insight into the possibility of swapping a TDI into
> a Scirocco II?
>
> Thanks!

	Whoa.  I've been thinking the same thing since I picked up the latest
ish of PVW.  They've got an article about a 4 door TDI Golf worked to
the tits.  Very nice piece of VW...1.9L, turbo, 6-spd non-synchroed
sequential gearbox, 8.2x18" magnesium rims, six-pot calipers with 355mm
discs up front and 304mm in the back....only $340,000 or so (US).

	redline @ 4500
	190 hp
	221ft/lb between 2000-3900rpm
	140mph top speed
	almost 14mpg (What does the 16V roc get, anyone?)

	It says that the 350hp big boys manage to run their tanks dry after
1.75 hours while this TDI nurses it's tank for 3.5 hours.  Imagine all
of the ass-kicking possible on one tank of gas!

jason
the mad bastard
(your UK-mag correpondent...