Re: Control arm Damage?

At 09:18 12/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Nope it wasn't, but I already know one culprit, the inner CV, probably
>bent (NAPA) strut and then i have a feeling that the sway bar mounts are
>fried as well as the  A-arm.  This is not including some rear bearings
>that need replacing, rear shocks, carpet and heater controls that need
>replacing. as well as the map tray that i oh so accidentally kicked when
>I was pissy one day when partially fixing the heater controls (the door
>closed on me, then I went JUDO on it)  Will fix all as well as....
>
>GTi damage Clutch, Tires, Exhaust (catback), Struts and shocks, drivers
>side mirror, lock plates, door handles, stereo (none in it now), and
>last but certainly not least, a windshield with the clip that holds the
>rear view.
>
>I love it, two equally broken cars, oh to work I go, to support my
>habit.
>
>--
>dharma

It happens to all of us. I was driving the Bus to Radio Shack last month and
got T-boned by a guy looking in the back seat at his kids. Lucky for me he
was able to slam on the brakes about 50 feet from me, so all I have is a
nice three foot long dent in the left rocker panel. Guess what I will be
doing next Spring? Add to that the '58 needs som surface rust fixed and a
new coat of paint, and a new interior...and we still need to sell the '63...

At least, we don't have to resort to robbery to support our habits...

Chuck Kuecker, President
C K Enterprises, Inc.
326 Deveron Circle
Cary, Il 60013