Message text written by Rich Deede----TOOL FAN
>I have got a question for you guys (and gals).  I have a rather large
crack in my front grill and I was wondering if this is hard to totally
replace.  Also what would it cost?  And finally, i have the black grille
with the black symbol but I kinda like the silver symbols better from the
newer vw's.  Is there any chance that I could put this on to my car and it
wouldn't look out of place?

Thanks for the help
Rich
87 16valve scirocco
<

Replacing the grill is totaly possible. I have 4 grills for my 87 16v.
The grills cost about $45.00 US new however the junk yards are
full of them. Most of the time they are broken however I have found
several straight ones. You should check to make sure that your new
grill is a VAG part. There are other non VW look-a-like ones out there.
First check the latches to make sure that they are not broken. The silver
VW logo is found on the  8v Scirocco the Euro Scirocco GTX 16v,
and 85-88 Passat/Quantoms.
The 16v badge is removable and can be replaced on your new grill.
Several of us have cut our grills (we have removed some of the slats).
This makes the front look more like a 1990 VW.
If you just can't find one I could sell you one of mine for $25.00.
I have the silver VW logo too. They cost about $10.00 new and I sell them
for $5.00.

I am not a store so it could take more time than you wish to get parts from
me.
Good luck.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"