My transmission code

Hey guys.
	I have just entered a lovely debate with Shawn about gearing on my car.
It seems that I have a transmission code that no one has ever heard of.
It's AGB (*NOT* ABG).  If all of ya with 16vs (Sciroccos, but Jettas and
GTIs too!) could help me, I'd love ya 4 it.
	Our transmission codes are located in two places... first, on the
transmission itself, on the driver's side bell housing.... and then (the
better place to look), on the sticker in the trunk area. It'll say
something like "Motor/Getriebe  PL    AGB"  The PL is our engine code, and
the AGB is (my) transmission code.
	The AGB could be equivalent to one of two other transmission codes, and
I'm trying to figure out which one it is.
	So, to help me, could you do me the following favor?  Get me your car's
build date, transmission code, and then tell me how fast your engine is
spinning in 5th gear at 4000rpm (please, without getting a ticket)... you
can also double its speed at 2000rpm in 5th if you don't want to get in
trouble!  If you have tires other than 185/60-14 (stocks), also give me the
size.  Here are the results that are calculated mathematically... this way,
you'll also be able to see if your speedo and tach are accurate relative to
one another! (See, this isn't just going to benefit me!)
	Here are the highest couple of overall ratios in 5th gear

Trans Code	 Final Drive Ratio	5th Gear Ratio	Overall Ratio 	Speed @ 4000rpm
2H		3.94			0.91			3.5854			75.48 mph

FK/FM/FD	3.89			0.91			3.5399			76.44 mph
4K		3.89			0.89			3.4621			78.16 mph

ABG/2Y		3.67			0.91			3.3397			81.03 mph
9A/ACM/ACN/	3.67			0.89			3.2663			82.85 mph
ACD/AEN/AUG/AWY

For the record, my AGB tranny is either the 2H or the FK/FM/FD. At 4000rpm,
I'm right around 76mph, and my car was built in January ot 1987.

Do I ask the weirdest questions, or what?

	Thanks,

		Jason

87 Scirocco 16v with the non-existing transmission
Visit: http://members.aol.com/vwmon/16v.html