Re: Tbody and Plugs.

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 17:13:27 -0600 (CST) Christopher Mende
<csmende@bayern.me.iastate.edu> writes:

>Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice:
>I'm going to put some new plugs in my 8v and am looking for
>recommendations.  Have any of you guys tried the "Splitfire" plugs w/
>two prongs?? Good, bad, indifferent.

Heres my outlook on plugs:

Bosch Silbers are great. Expensive, but great.
I have the Silverstones in my car now. (Because of the Nology stuff
which, after I bought them they told me I can use ANY plug with the
Nology system. Thanks guys!) They're ok I suppose.

I had a set of NGK BPR6ES triple trode plugs in my car for over a year
until I put in the Silverstone plugs. I liked these plugs! They lasted
forever and worked flawlessly for me.

To me all of the platinum plugs are JUNK! I also think the Shitfire plugs
are junk too. If your gonna spend $5 or more for a plug, get something
that is worthy of the money you spend. My next set will be the Bosch
Silbers. I have a set in my GLi and they're great. Im very happy with
them.

>On another note, I've decided to try the Audi 5000 TB project. I know
the
>87 will fit, are there any other years? I know little about the 5000
line.
>Thanks!
>~C
>'84 Wolfsburg

I don't have an answer for you as far as which years are the ones to look
for but by just looking at it, you should be able to identify if it will
work or not. you can also use an A2 TB. Its bigger too.

HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and