Re: Y'know what I saw that was funny?

>> >Hmmm...Ford Shogun maybe?  Did they ever put those things in
>> >production?  A few years back there was talk of putting the
>> >Yamaha SHO engine in a Festiva and giving it a wide-body kit
>> >and all that.  It's either a Shogun or a wannabe Shogun.
>> >There's one for sale in AutoWeek for $32000.  Yikes!  I think
>> >it's an 89.
>> >
>> >-Mike
>> >92 + 95 GTIs
>>
>> It did say Shogun on the front fairing - could this aberration be fast?
>> Cool.  Heh heh heh, I guess you can wear a clown suit to a business
>meeting
>> if you're the man.
>
>If it's a real Shogun then look out!  Those things have about 225 horses to
>move 1600 or so pounds.  They are beyond quick, but do look incredibly
>stupid, I agree.  It's the right idea, though--like stuffing a turbo VR6
>into an A1 body.
>
>Steve

Dunno if I'd call them stupid looking but then I've always thought the
Renault R5 Turbo (?) looked pretty trick.  One of the major car mags a
while ago did a few mods to a Festiva and it was pulling around 0.9g on the
skidpad so they can be made to handle.

And I gotta agree with the posters who said "to each his/her own".  It's
just like musical tastes: even though I know that I listen to the coolest,
most extreme stuff of anybody on this list, I don't laugh at your bad
tastes.  :)