Re: performance vw

Nigel Heron wrote:

> hi,
> has anyone seen the september issue of the 'performance vw' mag?

	Not yet, but as soon as I get my paws on some cash, I will.

> they feature a 2.1l 16v turbo mkII Scirocco (~250 hp)

	Is that all?  Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of HP, but at Waterfest
the guy with the 16V Turbo NOS mk2 told me he had 325 without the
juice.  quick mental mathematix....

	1.8L = 139hp  (in the UK)
	2.0L = 150hp
	2.11 = 156hp
     exhaust = 161hp
       turbo = 220hp

	Plus all the extras.  Depending on what kind of work this guy's done to
his car (and how much hp his turbo is worth), that sounds a hell of a
lot more likely than the guy at Waterfest.

> the owner installed 304mm front disks (compared to a measly 280mm on
> corrados)
> by the way what's a 'pedal-box'?

	I'd have to read it in a sentence, but I think that maybe it's a
nickname for the tranny, brakes, gas, or the whole bunch together.

> this magazine is great (a bit expensive, though), there are so many
> great ideas, 'some pretty creative people in britain...

	Aye, them Brits are top bollox indeed....can't wait to go back..

jason
87 16V