Re: Scirocco, What the ?????

At 11:27 PM 8/28/96 -0700, Jason Brunberg wrote:
>Okay, so what exactly am I missing out on here, folks?  I'm not sure
>how to decode with my Netscape mail thingee....

Belgian roller coaster leaves riders hanging

BRUSSELS, Belgium (CNN) -- Safety officials Thursday were working to
determine what caused a roller coaster at a Belgian amusement park to jam,
leaving thrill seekers hanging upside down for 90 minutes.

None of the 26 people aboard the Scirocco was injured, but nine people
received a routine medical checkup and several people looked nauseous.

The Scirocco, which zips along at a brisk 50 mph (80 kph), suddenly stopped
at the top of the first of two loops late Wednesday. It took firemen nearly
an hour-and-a-half to get the people down.

Dominique Fallon, director of the Walibi amusement park south of Brussels,
said the ride will stay closed until the cause of the glitch is discovered.

"This attraction has never had the slightest problem in the past and we must
make sure it never happens again," he said.

__
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the
one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.
__