Another 87 16v parting out...

No, not mine.  My dad (who owns a garage) bought a wrecked, black car.  In
all likelihood I'll be nabbing the interior (pristine), but he's thinking
of either putting the engine/tranny in a mk1 GTI, or selling it.  He would
be willing to let the complete package (including fuel system and brain)
for $800, $600 w/o tranny.  I have no idea if this is a good or bad deal,
just letting you guys know (the engine has 100k on).  It's all out and
ready to go.  I think the rear and both sides are wasted so we don't have
doors/etc to sell (sorry).    sz