Re: Anything like a Scirocco

>>> Thankfully I'm getting past it now and continue to love my
>>>Scirocco.  The greatest item on my wish list?  BRAKES and lots of them!

my biggest complaint of every car I ever owned, until now.  Try performance
brake pads.
sure, the first time I drive in the morning, they have to heat up with one good
breaking, but
for the rest of the day, even on time-consuming shopping trips, they work
fantastic.  I've run
for an hour doing laps at the trac, then followed by four-five very hot laps
with HEAVY breaking.
never once have I had break-fade.  I will never run another car with stock
breaks pads.  yes, they
cost more, yes they wear out faster. but I like the piece of mind kowning when
I step on the pedal,
the tyres will slow down, lock any time I want. (my horn doesnt work, so a
little tire screech sure
gets attention quick!)  nothing like good breaks to let you know you have
crappy tires on!
fyi: i run Ferodo street pads. (their race pads REALLY need to get hot to work)

-fish

>>>not talking about a cost-is-no-object one but a 1977 911S. They are

( a '70s 911 is one of the few non-VW cars I'd like to own....)