Fuel and other considerations

Greetings,

Just some thoughts that crossed my mind, I have an '83 Rocco GT
(1600cm^3 8V) with 160k km on the odometer. I just tried to switch to
unleaded 98 RON fuel to reduce emissions blablabla (and costs of course,
it's so much cheaper...)
I found out the hard way, that it's no good at all, the engine idles
badly, dying often. I switched back to leaded 98RON, and that really is
better. Has anyone noticed this ? Or has anyone found an additive that
helps overcome this ?

Robert

BTW : I just had my thermoswitch changed (it was the original one) and
now I don't have overheating problems any more.