RE: Thermoswitch revisited(Attn: y'all!)

First, the business: Yep, mine was replaced, and it all works like a charm right now!
Which is more than I can say for the rotary engine I just scrapped.  And all this talk about
grill mods makes me want to cut mine to shreds, too (I'd swear that thing runs stronger on
blustery cold days).

Now the fun stuff... (don't bother if you ain't bored)

<BRAD:>
  I think you misunderstood. I was referring to myself when speaking of
anality. I doubt its a word, but I was poking fun at myself for the
nitpicking I was about to do on the details of your statement.  And the
name, that is poking fun at you for trying to stop the "debate on words"
before it got out of hand. And yes your wording is pretty damn funny so I'm
gonna put another smiley:). Jeez, you're almost as defensive and ready to
pick a fight as Shawn;)
Oops, I poked fun at someone else.
  And if you'd like to poke fun at my name go ahead. Just realize that I
will be scoring you...

<Me:>
(okay, with a name like Brad, I'll bet you surf! hehehe;)
(Oh, wait a minute...surf...Georgia...who knows?)

<Brad:>
 I do think there's a definite difference between saying the thermoswitch
<snip...Tell you what, let's agree to disagree on
semantics and interpretations>
  You're right. Since you seem so interested in the manufacturing
tolerances, I elect YOU to call up the manufacturer and get the info:)

< DOH! I'm just a lazy bum who develops these things for a living!>

act as an input filter, altering the input the thermowitch gets. If you
want to say that the operating temp of the device PLUS the crud has
changed, then that would be true. But the crud is external to the device.
<Wow. Anal. And I thought I was the only one...
Point taken, though.  Good analogy. I see your definition now>

This way, if you're
tearing down your cooling system, you can know that if the switch is
relatively clean and turns on at all, its OK, and if you're having an
overheating problem, its probably something
else.

<Bingo!>
<Sheesh.  Let me just say that Brad and Shawn are WAY bigger than me 'bout all the nonsense.  Thank god I'm not the only nit-picky one.  This is really a great group.  Maybe one day I'll actually have a decent car/job to show of it all!  Laterz...Darren>