RE: Thermoswitch revisited

Hey guys,

I'm starting to get tired of this nit-picking.

Lets discuss the thermo switch not working (at least within an acceptable
temperature range) at all, yet not being defective/broken.

The engine heats up (as normal) until the radiator starts to pressurize, then
it starts to leak through a crack in one of the end caps. Water leaks out
until the thermoswitch is not covered by water. Not covered by water it will
not close to tell the fan to come on, to cool off the overheating radiator.

(Think of driving around Houston, 98F outside, with the heat on full, looking
for a place to stop that has water. Often the fuse for the radiator fan has
also blown so you are under the dash trying to put a fuse into an energized
circuit so you get a big ZAP every time the ends of the fuse touch the holder,
causing you to drop the fuse. Then you extricate yourself from the floorboard
to find the fuse, hope you haven't ruined it, resituate yourself and try
again.)

If replacing the thermo switch whould have solved my problem, I would have done
it in a minute. At the time I did not know/could not find the source of the
leak. When finally I determined that it was the radiator, I went to the dealer
and got a new one; went home took out the old one (around the A/C condenser)
and found that the new one wouldn't fit. Reinstalled the old radiator, drove
back to the dealer, traded for the proper radiator, went back home etc.

When you have something to whine about...

Bob Farrell

> >Okay, Brad, do you have a name that I should poke some fun at?  Or maybe my
> >"internal operating temperature" is just a little high?  Or perhaps my "builtin
> >to," personal flame-thermoswitch is kicking in too early?  "Anality?"  What
> >gives?  Just disagree and leave it at that.  Personal attacks held behind
> >smileys are so easy...
>
>   I think you misunderstood. I was referring to myself when speaking of
> anality. I doubt its a word, but I was poking fun at myself for the
> nitpicking I was about to do on the details of your statement.  And the
> name, that is poking fun at you for trying to stop the "debate on words"
> before it got out of hand. And yes your wording is pretty damn funny so I'm
> gonna put another smiley:). Jeez, you're almost as defensive and ready to
> pick a fight as Shawn;)
> Oops, I poked fun at someone else.
>   And if you'd like to poke fun at my name go ahead. Just realize that I
> will be scoring you...

<< Remainder cut in the interest of list members' tolerance for drivel >>