Re:A/C blowing heat??????

Robert von Bismarck wrote:

 > No way, I've got a non-a/c '83 GT and have the middle vents blowing
hot
 > engine air (cold when engine is cold, hot when engine is warm). It's
 > damn nuisance too, when it's 35degrees C outside. Of course it's an
euro
 > version, so it might be just a little different.
 >
 > Now I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just wondering where they put
the
 > damn a/c ;-)
 >
 > Robert

 You know, it's been a while since I've driven the
 Scirocco, but... has anyone checked the operation
 of the heater core control valve? You know, the one
 that controls the flow of coolant into the heater
 core, just outside the firewall? You shouldn't get
 hot air out of the center vents, unless you live
 in Houston, and then it shouldn't be much hotter
 than outside.
 If this valve leaks, you'll have heat all the time.
 Like on my brother's 87 S.

 -maurice