solution to A/C blowing heat!!!!!!

well guys i have finally solved my problems, it may work for you too.....
i stripped control panels and went in search of a heater control
valve......  it was a sunday and no one stocks it and i would have to
special order it.....  so i decided to wait till monday to check with the
VW dealer......  but as luck would have it, my landlord gave me ultimatium
to leave beacuse my lease has ended and someone else was taking over my
apt........  anyways, i had six hours to reassemble my car, pack my stuff,
throw them in the car before heading back to indiana.....   i started at
three in the afternoon and did not finish packing till twelve midnight(i
begged and grovelled of course...)  at one in the morn under a street
lamp, i started to reassemble my control panel, cursing and swearing under
my breath.......  when i was done lo and behold!!!!!!!  a miracle
happened.......  the center vents were blowing cold air!!!!!!!!!!  my A/C
worked!!!!!!!!  ok.... ok.....  you guys must be tired of the story.....
what i did was i fiddled with the vacumm switch and the twisted the
retaining pin of the vaccum switch around (or rather twirled it 180
degrees) and then i assembled everything......  i realised however that
when i put the control sliders back, it is possible to push it in too
deep, and when that happens, the vents do not switch properly........   i
kinda had them sit out a little further out than usual so that the vents
will fully switch it to A/C......  but still i think that the mystery is
unexplaing because the switch behind the Max A/C is normal A/C switch so
even if it does not switch fully, surly it will not blow hot air......
but anyways this was how i got my A/C fixed.......  god am i thankful.....
least the drive back to indiana from seattle will nary be so
hot....:))))))  later guys..........

alfred

p.s:  i do not have a scirocco manuel, i sort of guessed their names,   if
you need further clarifications , feel free to mail me,  though i will not
be able to reply till friday.