Re: Just bought a scirocco/questions

> Hi all,
>
> I just bought an 86 scirocco 8v and am very impressed by it except for
> a few minor details.

Woohoo! cool!

>   The major problem i have is that when the car idles, warm or cold,
> it goes down to 400-500 rpms for a few seconds, then back up to a
> normal idle at around 900-1000 for a few seconds.  It cycles between
> these two idles for as long as i don't give it any gas.

Oxygen sensor..right guys?

> If I give it some gas while it's idling really slow, the car makes a
> short high-pitched squeal.

Belts need tightening

> I also think that my two-way sunroof is too hard to open and close.
> The mechanism seems like it works perfectly but it is WAY harder to
> open than any of the other vw sunroofs I've seen.

Buy a Bentley service Manual it'll show you how to fix that sunroof
back to factory specs

> Also, anyone have any advice on installing some 6 by 9 speakers?  I
> have a pair from my last car.

Hrm..I don't have any recommendations as I despise 6x9s but feel free
to cut some big holes in the rear trunk cover and mount them there. I
would suggest some seperartes up front, some nice 4x6 in the rear and
a 10" or 12" thunper in the trunk for bass fill.

http://accomp.com/~ryan/scirocco

check out my 16v setup

Ryan
1987 16v Scirocco