Re: Grill

I live in apt...next month a house yay!!!! anyways I don't have
a pletheora of tools so I improvise.

The preferred method would be with a 'hot' knife to cut the slats out
then use a file to smooth out the rough spots.

I used a sabersaw to cut the acual bars off the emblem, middle
support, and end support..so i wasleft with a total of 16 1/4-slats
I didn't go as slow as i should have so i nicked the other slats
slightly near the middle support bars. Then i tood a soldering gun
and melted away the triangle shaped pieces of plastic on the end and
support bars then used a small knife to smooth the plastic and make
it a flat edge facing out. I'm on pic 8/12 so I should have some
closeup pics up by next week.

that was just on my daily driver, I plan to do a much more careful job
on my other 2 grills for my show car...and then paint the grille to
match the metallic pearl black cherry paint job! =]

like i said in a previous post it made the car MUCH cooler when
stuck in traffic and idiling..though someoen commented that you'll
have to clean off your radiator more often.

Ryan