Re: Mileage

Brad Sheridan wrote:

> > Here's my ¢2 worth.  As you all know, I drive like a savage just about
> > all of the time.  Which is to say that I have a very heavy left foot (as
> > if you didn't know).  Anyways, I fill the car right up to the top and by
> > the end of the tank, I usually get between 520-600km (325-375 miles).
>
>   How does a heavy left foot affect gas mileage? Unless your heavy left foot
> is holding the brakes down even when your right foot is on the gas...

	Whoa, it made sense at the time.  In me head I was saying lead foot,
came out as left foot.  Yes, I am a schmuck. :)

>   Anyhow, that mileage isn't too bad considering your foot and also that you
> don't have an oxygen sensor. Why do you not have it? Is it just a matter of not
> bothering to replace a bad one, or do you think it makes the car faster?

	The animal that owned the car before me is the one responsible for the
non-cat, non-oxygen sensor, etc.  I have in my possession one new oxy
sensor, "free-flow" cat (we'll see how free it flows), and Mr. Clark
should be dropping by with my brand new Scorpion muffler.  All I need
now is a new header.  I've heard that the euro-downpipe is supposed to
be pretty amazing, but I've also heard that it only works without a
cat.  So, looks like it'll be a header for me...if I can afford it.

jason
87 16V